Bring Your Partner To The UK

If you are a British Citizen, or if you are a settled person (indefinite leave to remain) and you are married to, or in a long-term relationship with a foreign national then you can bring your husband, wife, or partner to live with you in this country if you meet the rules.

These rules are however complicated and challenging and it is essential that professional advice is obtained if you want to succeed.

At Cromwell Wilkes we understand that these visas are very important to the people involved. It is therefore an area of law in which we have particularly developed our experience and expertise. We know how to make your application successful, and we never give up fighting for our clients once we take on their case.


Best solicitor and barrister. You want honesty and a case won. Ask for Richard Roberts. I used his services for over 7 years, yes 7 years…. for my ILTR, British Nationality, then brought my wife to UK through his office, then my wife’s brother, then wife’s ILTR (she got last month) and now working on her british nationality as she is entitled. Highly recommended!

Adam Beainy

The most important things to think about are the following:

  • You will need to convince the UK authorities that your marriage or partnership is genuine and should be accepted in UK law – this is not always as easy as it sounds.
  • You will need to show that you intend to live together in this country.
  • You will need to meet a minimum financial requirement either from income or savings, unless you are exempt due to certain medical conditions or disability.
  • You spouse or partner will need to meet the language requirement unless they are from a majority English-speaking country. This is done by passing an exam to Level A1 or by showing that they have studied at university for a degree taught in English.
  • In addition to the visa fee (currently £1,523) you will need to pay the NHS Surcharge (£1,200) to cover the cost of the first three years of your visa.

Fill out my online form.