UK Work Visa - We Win For Our Clients

UK Skilled Worker Visa Explained

The UK’s Skilled Worker system treats EU and non-EU citizens equally and aims to attract people who can contribute to the UK’s economy. Cromwell Wilkes can expertly assist both employers and employees through this process.

Free movement with the European Union (EU) ended on December 31, 2020. However, there are new arrangements for EU citizens. Any company in the United Kingdom that wishes to employ workers outside the United Kingdom and Nothern Ireland must first obtain a sponsorship licence from the Home Office. The requirements are as follows:

  • You have been offered work for a UK employer that has been approved by the Home Office as a Sponsor; and
  • You have a Certificate of Sponsorship from your proposed employer with information regarding the job that you have been offered in the UK; and
  • You must being offered a salary that it is appropriate for that job; and
  • You have sufficient funds in your bank account before you start working

If you need help with employing skilled workers and or to apply for a sponsorship license, Cromwell Wilkes can guide you through the process from start to finish. We are always on hand for advice – even after your application has been processed.

NHS Healthcare Workers Visa

The Health and Care worker visa allows medical professionals to come to the UK to work in an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.


To qualify for a Health and Care worker visa, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be a qualified nurse, doctor, health or adult social care professional; 
    Work in an eligible health or social care job; and
  • Work for a UK employer that the Home Office has approved; and
  • Have information about the role you have been offered in the UK with supporting evidence in the Certificate of Sponsorship; and
  • Be paid a minimum salary
UK Work Visa

How Long Can You Stay?

Your visa can last for up to three years before you need to extend it. You will need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires, or if you change jobs or employer. Once you have completed five years as a Skilled Worker you may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Post Study Work Visa (PSW)

The entry deadline to qualify for the new Post-Study Work visa (PSW) visa has been extended. Find out the visa requirements for students, how and when to apply, the costs involved, and get help from our team to navigate this ever-changing regulation.

The revamped PSW visa is set to open for applications on July 1, 2021. This means that any eligible student who graduates after this date will be able to use this type of visa application route. This includes students who have already started their courses.  Students planning to travel to the UK should stay up to date on the latest policies – both in their home countries and the UK – regarding travel to the UK to ensure that they are well prepared.

Eligibility For The Graduate Visa

  • This visa will apply to those who have successfully obtained an undergraduate degree, master’s degree or completed a PhD
  • Successful applicants will receive permission to stay and work in the UK at any skill level for a maximum period of two years. PhD graduates will be able to stay for three years Graduates will be able to change into skilled work once they find a suitable job
  • This route will be available to international students who graduate and who meet the necessary criteria
  • The graduate route will require an entirely new visa application, which will only be
    possible from inside the UK.

How Can Cromwell Wilkes Help You Apply For a UK Visa?

At Cromwell Wilkes, we are experts in these applications and can guide a company through the entire application process – from first enquiry to the granting of the licence itself. We will work with you at every step of the application process to ensure the company has the best possible chance of success.

We also provide ongoing support once the license is granted by offering to act as ‘key contact’ for the Home Office business team so that the request is used correctly and effectively, and in a manner that best serves the interests both of the company and those it wishes to recruit.

To obtain your free consultation, please complete the form. Please provide as much information as possible to enable your appointed Cromwell Wilkes lawyer to give you the best service. You should receive a response within 48 hours.

Work Visa


Best solicitor and barrister. You want honesty and a case won. Ask for Richard Roberts. I used his services for over 7 years, yes 7 years…. for my ILTR, British Nationality, then brought my wife to UK through his office, then my wife’s brother, then wife’s ILTR (she got last month) and now working on her british nationality as she is entitled. Highly recommended!

Adam Beainy

get a work visa in the UK

Free Consultation with Cromwell Wilkes UK Visa Law Experts plus a FREE Download of “Visa Expertise”

To obtain your free consultation please complete the form below. Please provide as much information as possible to enable your appointed Cromwell Wilkes lawyer to give you the best service. You should receive a response within 24-48hrs.

Fill out my online form.