EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) Family Permits

The UK has now left the European Union, but you may still have time to apply to come to the UK on an EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit. If you are a European, the family member of a European, or even a British citizen that has spent significant time living in the European Union, you may be able apply for an EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit from outside the UK.

The EU Settlement Scheme can also extend to family members who are currently living outside of the UK. We have seen many successful cases for family members of both European and non-European citizens applying as spouses, unmarried partners, parents-in-law, children, parents, grandchildren, and grandparents.

How Can I Qualify For The EUSS Permit?

In order to be eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme Permit you must meet the following criteria:

  • You will need to show that you are in a relationship with a European national and that relationship existed before 1 January 2021. The law defines a relationship in many different ways, but it will be important to evidence a form of dependency with that European national – they will then be regarded as a possible sponsor.
  • You will then need to show that the sponsor had registered under the EU Settlement Scheme before 1 July 2021.
  • There are no fees payable to the Home Office for this type of application, but it is important to act as quickly impossible.
  • If you a non-European who has already applied to the EU Settlement Scheme, you may also need to make a separate application for a new Biometric Residence Card. Previous Biometric Residence Cards issued before the EU Settlement Scheme are not valid for travel since 1 July 2021.
UK Settled Status

Please do not hesitate to call us, whether for yourself, or a member of your family, regardless of whether they are European. Even if you don’t think that a family member will fit into this category, we would be happy to advise you as to whether your family member will be suitable, free of charge.

Fill out my online form.