Spouse Visa Solicitors

At Cromwell Wilkes, we are experts in various types of visa applications. Our Spouse Visa solicitors can guide you through every stage of the application, from initial advice to obtaining the visa and the provision of ongoing support to you and your family.

If you want to join family members in the UK who are from outside the EU/EFTA and you are from a non-EU or EFTA country with UK citizenship or permanent residence, you can apply for a UK family visa under the following circumstances:

  • If you are the spouse, fiancé(e), civil or unmarried partner of a qualified sponsor
  • If you are a child under the age of 18
  • If you are the parent of a child under the age of 18
  • If you need to come to the UK to be cared for by an immediate family member

You must meet specific UK family visa requirements in each case. At Cromwell Wilkes, we can guide you through each step with award-winning legal advice.

Applicants on long-stay UK visas for purposes such as work or study can also apply to bring the following family members with them:

  • Spouse or partner
  • Any children under the age of 18
  • Children of any age if they are dependants
UK Spouse Visa

You must acquire a family visa to live with a family member in the UK for more than six months.
The various types of family visas are as follows:

1) Spouse Visa For Husbands And Wives  

To apply as a partner or spouse, both you and your partner must be aged 18 or over and meet the following criteria:

Both the applicant and the sponsor must intend to live together permanently in the UK; and

  • The sponsor must be earning at least £18,600 a year before tax; and
  • The applicant must have good English language skills; and
  • One of you must have either British or Irish citizenship; or
  • Be settled in the UK – this could be indefinite leave to remain or settled status; or
  • Be from the EU, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Liechtenstein and have pre-settled status (living in the UK before January 1, 2021); or
  • Have a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa; or
  • Have Refugee status or Humanitarian Protection in the UK

Our team can guide you through the entire process from what you will need to prove to expert assistance that will help you navigate this complex area of law. If you do not meet specific requirements, you may still be able to apply for a visa or extend your permission to stay under certain circumstances, which our team can help you process if you’re applying as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner – applying with children is also possible given that they meet specific criteria.

2) Child Visa 

If you are the parent of a non-British or non-settled child, you may be able to make an application for them to enter or stay in the UK with you indefinitely. Our immigration team regularly assists foreign national children in relocating to and settling in the UK with their parents.

These cases are complex and must be prepared very carefully and supported by the right kind of evidence. Children can apply for a UK family visa on their parent’s application or as a separate application.

To qualify for a child visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • The child must be under the age of 18 when the application was submitted or first granted leave to remain; and
  • The child must NOT be married or have any children of their own; and
  • One parent must be British or settled in the UK; and
  • That parent must have sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
  • The other parent is travelling to the UK on the same occasion as their child; and
  • The sponsoring parent or carer must be financially stable and have suitable

Cromwell Wilkes professional fees are highly competitive in this complex and vital area of UK immigration law. Our reputation for quality service and client success has been built and enhanced over many years of experience.

3) Other Family Members

– Adult Dependent Visa

If you are over the age of 18 and would like to live in the UK to be cared for by your family, you could be eligible for an Adult Dependent visa. This visa is reserved for individuals who want to enter the UK as a parent, grandparent or adult child of a British citizen, settled person or a
person holding refugee status or humanitarian protection and is in need of care by a family member.

An Adult Dependent visa will be approved in exceptional circumstances, such as for those who require long-term care, which your relative in the UK can provide and cannot be provided in the country you currently reside. To obtain this visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Provide a significant amount of evidence that you don’t have adequate care in your
    country of origin; and
  • Prove that you can be cared for by a family member in the UK; and
  • Prove you are over the age of 18; and
  • You must be related to the individual who has British citizenship or settled status in
    the UK

– UK Ancestry Visa

A UK Ancestry visa is a unique visa type. If one of your grandparents was born in the United Kingdom or other qualifying location, you could be eligible for a five-year UK Ancestry visa. This allows you to live and work in the UK for five years. After these five years, you will be eligible to
apply for settled status. To obtain this visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be aged 17 or over at the date of application; and
  • You must prove you are a commonwealth citizen; or
  • Prove you are a British Overseas Citizen; or
  • Prove you are a British Overseas citizen of national; or
  • Prove you are a citizen of Zimbabwe; and
  • You can satisfy the Home Office you intend to work in the United Kingdom; and
  • You can satisfy the Home Office you have sufficient funds

How Can Cromwell Wilkes Help You Apply for A UK Visa?

We are a highly dedicated team devoted to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to family members as part of friendly and professional service.

To obtain your free consultation, please complete the form below. Please provide as much information as possible to enable your appointed Cromwell Wilkes lawyer to give you the best service. You should receive a response within 48 hours.

Spouse and Family Visa


Best solicitor and barrister. You want honesty and a case won. Ask for Richard Roberts. I used his services for over 7 years, yes 7 years…. for my ILTR, British Nationality, then brought my wife to UK through his office, then my wife’s brother, then wife’s ILTR (she got last month) and now working on her british nationality as she is entitled. Highly recommended!

Adam Beainy

The most important things to think about are the following:

  • You will need to convince the UK authorities that your marriage or partnership is genuine and should be accepted in UK law – this is not always as easy as it sounds.
  • You will need to show that you intend to live together in this country.
  • You will need to meet a minimum financial requirement either from income or savings, unless you are exempt due to certain medical conditions or disability.
  • Your spouse or partner will need to meet the language requirement unless they are from a majority English speaking country. This is done by passing an exam to Level A1 or by showing that they have at least the equivalent of a Bachelors degree and it was taught in English.
  • In addition to the visa fee (currently £1,523) you will need to pay the NHS Surcharge (£1,872) to cover the cost of the first three years of your visa.

Client Reviews

Cromwell Wilkes is proud of its clients, and proud of the manner in which we serve them and the glowing reviews we have received from our clients over the years are very rewarding and we appreciate every one.

50 reviews on
Asel Housan
Asel Housan
30. November, 2021.
We are a professional engineering consultant in the Middle East. I had established the firm few years ago and hired Cromwell Wilkes to move our company to the UK. As a serious business woman I expect and demand professionalism and high standards. Richard and his team never failed us and exceeded our expectations. They were attentive, fast, and professional. They do whatever it takes to succeed. My case as a sole representative was approved very fast and they met all the requirements. Thank you Richard for everything
Rana Matti
Rana Matti
25. November, 2021.
A huge thank you for Richard and Justin for their professional hard work in solving our case I highly recommend Cromwell Wilkes to everyone with any immigration issues Rana
Inge Nari
Inge Nari
24. November, 2021.
Fabulous, helpful, highly organised professional team, Justin - done his work in a best possibly way - very grateful for all team and recommend this company
Leyla Nacera Guelimi
Leyla Nacera Guelimi
23. November, 2021.
I saw lot of solicitors for the last 12 years but with Cromwell was completely different I had lot of help and information big big thanks special for Justin for all the support and help for me and my son document
22. November, 2021.
My experience with this law firm and specially with Justin and Lucy was phenomenal. My case was difficult and different. And at one point I thought I will lose my case with Home Office. These guys handled my case professionally. Guided me step by step and I am a British citizen now and have a British passport. Fees was very reasonable. Other lawyers were asking me in thousands of pounds. My case was done in 900 pounds. So highly recommended. Thank you Justin and Lucy at Cromwell Wilkies 👍
Shamailah Amaz
Shamailah Amaz
22. November, 2021.
Very professional and helpful from first consultation. Best solicitors around for immigration. Will definitely recommend
aboud grimesty
aboud grimesty
22. November, 2021.
Appointed Cromwell Wilkes to obtain a a Spouse Visa for my partner. From initial consultation, through to filling the application to final decision, the service was extremely smooth, professional ,hurdleless, swift and successful. I would like to thank our case officer Jessica Bishop who took extra care of our application and showed a super level of understanding . Aboud & Rayhane Grimesty
Muhammad Zain Islam
Muhammad Zain Islam
22. November, 2021.
Its a long story but i can short it down, I have been rejected from UK 14 times since 2004, After 14 rejections in these years i have contacted to cromwellwikes and discussed everything and we got clerance from home office UK by the help of cromwellwikes. Thanks folks Specially Richard and Justin 🙏🏽
22. November, 2021.
They are amazing I just got dependent visa for my mother which I had no clue how to bring her to Uk but Cromwell Wilkes just did it like piece of cake thank you guys .
Ahmed Altaan
Ahmed Altaan
5. August, 2021.

Fill out my online form.